Which EMF meter?
As EMF inspectors, we get a lot of questions about which meters people should buy to test their home or office. Unfortunately, there are no affordable consumer meters that are accurate enough to give you a useful reading. The best solution is simply to have a professional inspector come to you and do the measurements with professional meters that are calibrated and certified to be accurate. We’ve spent thousands of dollars on our meters and we’re happy to come to your place of residence or work to perform the testing. You’ll benefit by 100% accurate readings. Even that $150 model a lot of people buy from Amazon only covers one of the 3 EMF types you need to test, and in the higher ranges, it is often as much as 80% off in accuracy!
Here are a few additional things to think about when contemplating doing your own measurements:
- How to use the meter. They need to be held a certain way, and depending on the type, may need to be pointed in different directions. Then with several readings per location, what do you do with the numbers? Average them? Use the highest number?
- What do the numbers mean? They have to be compared with authoritative guidelines by trusted authorities. Which authorities do you trust? The Canadian or US government? No. Think again. Canada has outdated guidelines and the US has no guidelines at all. You have to go elsewhere for the best information.
- What are the remediation options? It’s a jungle of products out there. Which ones are effective?
In contrast, by working with a professional EMF inspector, you get:
- Top of the line accurate EMF meters
- The meters will be used properly
- The results will be compared to the best guidelines
- The benefit of years of experience with the most effective remediation options, such as filters, shielding, etc.
You need at least 3 meters to do a proper job. The minimum cost for 3 useful meters would work out like this: 1 meter for magnetic and electric fields (5 hertz to 100,000 hertz) $500.00; 1 meter for radio frequencies with an extended frequency range of 200 MHz to 8.0 GHz minimum $480.00; 1 power line frequency tester $140. Total: $1,120.00. Prices in Canadian funds. These are very good meters. We’ll likely call upon even better ones, and have several additional meters available, should the situation warrant them.
Invitation for a Professional EMF Inspection
Call upon a professional to perform your EMF testing! We’re based in Toronto and Chicago. We cover most of Southern Ontario and much of the US Midwest. We also have inspectors in several other cities.
by Paul Singer